Last Posted: Jul 15, 2017
- Scientists Push Back Against Booming Genetic Pseudoscience Market
KV Brown, Gizmodo, July 14, 2017
- Behavioural changes, sharing behaviour and psychological responses after receiving direct-to-consumer genetic test results: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Stewart Kelly F J et al. Journal of community genetics 2017 Jun
- The dangers of mail-in genetic testing
D Munroe, Macleans, June 2017
- Do It Youself Genetic Tests Create Challenge For Doctors,
CBS SF Bay Area, June 4, 2017
- 23andMe Paves the Way for Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Health Risk Tests of Limited Clinical Utility.
Wynn Julia et al. Annals of internal medicine 2017 May
- The direct-to-consumer genetic testing fog
T Caulfield, Policy Options, May 2017
- Utilization of Genetic Counseling after Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Testing: Findings from the Impact of Personal Genomics (PGen) Study.
Koeller Diane R et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2017 May
- How are Direct-to-Consumer and Medical-Grade Genetic Tests Different?
D Babu, Ambry Genetics, May 18, 2017
- What You May Learn by At-Home Genetic Testing - Some consumers bypass the medical system to obtain this personal information. But it has limits.
L Esposito, US News, May 19, 2017
- Genomic Sequencing for the Healthy Individual?: Think Smaller
JAMA Podcast, May 9, 2017
- Diet and exercise changes following direct-to-consumer personal genomic testing
DE Nielsen et al, BMC Medical Genomics, May 2, 2017
- Direct-to-consumer genetic tests are a turning point for precision medicine, analysts say
E Sweeney, Fierce Healthcare, May 1, 2017
- Dear Jeanie: Whole Genome Sequencing
NSGC Blog post, April 2017
- Using Next-Generation Sequencing to Explore Genetics and Race in the High School Classroom.
Yang Xinmiao et al. CBE life sciences education 2017 16(2)
- Direct to Consumer Genetic Testing: Think Before You Spit, 2017 Edition!
MJ Khoury, CDC Blog Post, April 18, 2017
- Psychological and behavioural impact of returning personal results from whole-genome sequencing: the HealthSeq project.
Sanderson Saskia C et al. European journal of human genetics : EJHG 2017 Feb 25(3) 280-292